Honduras Missions Archive

Honduras Missions The Ritchie Family missionaries to Choluteca Honduras....

Sunday, March 11, 2007

Los Tererros



Pastor Enemesio had a big event planned for the mountain village of Los Tererros. He is really making inroads to an otherwise very closed community. He helped get water to the village, has gone door to door feeding the hungry and chose to have a big event this past Saturday and feed near 200 people. We rented a truck and brought up the bounce house, candy cannon and a gospel movie Generator ect. Our children had to show them how to play in the bounce...What is it? It didnt take 30 seconds after that. Enemesio has seen numerous salvations this far. With a church building it will sprout.

The truck could not make the return trip so we had to ask the only other person available with a truck to take us back down…He was also the man who told, even threatened, everyone not to sell property to us. I think the LORD has a sense of humor in my humility because there is always irony…never the less for a fee he would. Thankfully our children sang all the way down the mountain.

One man who accepted Christ when we were preaching in the prison is now out. He heard we were going to be in Los Tererros and walked 3 hours from another town to thank us for helping his family and play his accordion. I did not know what to say, except pray.

Enemesio has begun clearing and leveling the property and it looks almost ready for construction.

The Bibles are being distributed; School kids in our ministry are taking them to school and sharing them. So far more than 10,000 J/R have been passed out. Daisy an older teen newly saved, and in Sasha’s Girls class took a lot of criticism in the college for passing them out…but asked for more. Amen! The School where the children go also Asked Sasha to work there and help teach…She is going Monday to see what it is all about.

Below is a letter I sent to a good friend and pastor I think it shares our hearts….



Hello Bro,You mention you had been studying/teaching about the Kingdom of God. I would like to share my glimpse. Where for a moment God allowed me to focus clearly enough spiritually to see…


Mark 10:14 Suffer the little children to come unto me, and forbid them not: for of such is the kingdom of God.
15 Verily I say unto you, Whosoever shall not receive the kingdom of God as a little child, he shall not enter therein.
16 And he took them up in his arms, put his hands upon them, and blessed them.


To know the kingdom of God is to wake at 5am to pray with a quiver full of God’s children rescued from the vilest grip of sin in this world. As I sit on our couch, Alba leans over and lays her head on my chest; Tono sits on the floor with his arm over my knee and head on his arm; Julie mirrors her sister on the other side. Then Sayder crawls up the back to lay straddled on my neck like a shepherd with a wounded lamb. This morning is after each poured out the filth in their hearts the night before… they truly are God’s wounded lambs. Each one has trusted Jesus Christ as Saviour since coming here and now have an eternity of blessings. Each prayed and cried. Alba hugged tightly and lifted her other hand straining as if to touch our LORD…And he was not far. I began to pray holding their hands. All words prayed were heard…for such is the kingdom of God.


Last Sunday after our dangerous and disastrous day the children gathered around to pray. I was holding Julie and Iris in my arms. Isis prayed for Lisa and me, the rest of the children, then asked for her mom to be saved. As I prayed I began to weep and the children began touching my tears and putting them on their faces…which brought more tears. At the conclusion they all hugged us as a group….for such is the kingdom of God.

Another night Jeny needed to vomit more information and say she was having bad dreams. When done she crawled up on my chest and I held her as a baby. She began to pray, after I prayed for 2-3 minutes when I opened my eyes to see she had fallen asleep in my arms…for such is the kingdom of God.

Alba came to me also having bad memories and dreams. She also shared she tried to commit suicide 2 years ago. She was bothered not knowing if the man who caused her pain was her father. The Holy Spirit gave verses, words and comfort. I told her she was my gift from the LORD to fill a hole I have in my heart. I asked, “Would he save you from drowning in the river if he thought it would cost him his life?” With her head lowered she whispered no. I lifted her chin and said “I would” She began to weep profusely. “Does that make me your dad? She nodded yes. She made the statement she had suffered a lot. I said no, the world says you have suffered. The LORD is in control and knows everything. He allowed the things to happen for it was the only way to break your heart and draw you to him. Your whole family is extremely hard hearted and wicked. Something harder than your heart had to be used to break it, she agreed. I then gave an illustration of 2 women. One born in the USA and lived a wonderful life, never had a care, spent her whole life focused on her family, but never had time for God. At 80 years old she dies with all her family gathered around and opens her eyes in hell. The second born in Choluteca, never wanted since birth, abused beaten taken advantage of never given anything never loved. At 30 she is in the hospital dieing of aids when a man shares a crumpled dirty gospel tract with her. She trusts Jesus and dies only to open her eyes to see Jesus.I asked Alba, which lady had the better life….she answered the second one. She leaned forward hugged me weeping and said thank you for being my dad. I love you….for such is the kingdom of God… Where we cry Abba…..Romans 8 Amen!

Unworthy Servant to a Worthy Saviour
Barry