Honduras Missions Archive

Honduras Missions The Ritchie Family missionaries to Choluteca Honduras....

Sunday, February 11, 2007

Iglesia Bautista La Cruz


There was a need to have a time for the church to bond a bit as a family. It helped our family so why not as a church. We took them all to Cedino beach to watch the sunset, fellowship, pray, eat and preach. It was a very good and needful time, that all enjoyed. Neidy and her family had never seen the ocean. This still amazes me that one could live 20 miles from one of the most beautiful sunsets, (it just melts into the pacific between volcanoes of Nicaragua and El Salvador), yet never have seen the ocean, or even know it is salty. With a little prodding, a local fisherman took several folks out on a boatride, adding a special touch. Americans take providential liberty of abundance for granted, many in the world, live day by day their entire lives just to exist. Where as most Americans think nothing at spending $100 visiting or entertaining family or friends with the latest thing or dinner out. While a family like Neidy’s provides all their living on less than that.
As a young man I used to think I was better at this or that therefore I earned this right that privilege. Since coming to Honduras, my view has changed much. I see more clearly in that, it is solely the providence of God. Had I been born into the same conditions as those to whom we minister, I would be in the same state, only pride and arrogance say "I would have done better."

Romans 9:15 I will have mercy on whom I will have mercy, and I will have compassion on whom I will have compassion.
So then it is not of him that willeth, nor of him that runneth, but of God that showeth mercy.

Luke 12:47 And that servant, which knew his lord's will, and prepared not himself, neither did according to his will, shall be beaten with many stripes.
But he that knew not, and did commit things worthy of stripes, shall be beaten with few stripes. For unto whomsoever much is given, of him shall be much required:

As the sun set all I could think was if Christians want to be that “Blessed Servant” found doing God’s will when he returns, much must change and there is little time to change it…

One difficult situation this week. A phone call form the Ihnfa Lawyer Tuesday night saying we had to have Jenny in the court to meet with her mother Thursday at 2:00. I objected till they finally agreed to have the Psychologist interview her first. When I told her, she withdrew into a vegetative state that took near 2 hours to bring her out. At the interview she reacted similarly and the court psychologist agreed she should not see her…for now. After returning home I saw a small window of opportunity to talk to Jenny and she did confirm our suspicions. She too had been sexually abused by 2 teenagers near her mom’s house when she was 8. Not sure of the rest. Whether mom was paid, or what, but she is still terrified of her mother, even more than the boys. I was holding her in my arms like a baby as she told me this and her body was tense. Immediately after her muscles relaxed and she began to weep to the point my shirt was soaked. It was the first time she had ever cried or talked to anyone about this....
It is a good thing she has someone she knows loves her unconditionally and confided in them…

We too have an advocate with the father and a comforter in whom we can share all things.
Amen
Unworthy But Willing
Barry