Honduras Missions Archive

Honduras Missions The Ritchie Family missionaries to Choluteca Honduras....

Friday, November 03, 2006

THE LORD IS GOOD! HE ALONE IS WORTHY!

Sorry for the frequent blogs they will taper back to normal soon….it's just my cup is overflowing.

First NEWS!... Ana Cristina's surgery is scheduled for Monday morning! I talked directly to Dr Castenada and he feels they can bring her blood oxygen levels to 85-90 % up from 52%. He does not see enough benefit from a second surgery in a few years. She should have a chance for a productive life but with a deformed heart will live day by day on prayer. She will need good nutrition care ect. If anyone is moved by the Holy Spirit to sponsor her for support please remember she will need daily prayer more than just a check once a month.

Second NEWS!


John 9:25….one thing I know, that, whereas I was blind, now I see.

36 He answered and said, Who is he, Lord, that I might believe on him?
37 And Jesus said unto him, Thou hast both seen him, and it is he that talketh with thee.
38 And he said, Lord, I believe. And he worshipped him.

Amen amen amen The LORD is Good! He alone is worthy!


On Wednesday, outside the hospital with Alba sick and sleeping on my lap, The child service lawyer began to cry as she showed the police and us the positive hiv & hepatitis results. Then we all began to cry. I looked at Carlos and said this does not change anything there is no one else for her, she will live with us. He was stunned. I asked Carlos what he would do? Weeping softly he said "honestly Barry I could not do this". "That's ok Carlos we are not all given the same path or burden to carry. But let me ask it this way. If it was your daughter who was raped and now had this disease and we were the only ones available or willing to care for her what would you want us to do?" He began to weep profusely and said "Love her". "Carlos, I led this young girl to Jesus last year when she was living with us, She is one of God's children….As God's servant what does He want me to do?" "Love her Barry." And this we will do. So thus began earnest prayer preparation and emailing many of God's saints.


One of the LORD's servants sent us the money Thursday to have all the children's blood tested to know what we are dealing with, so we did. To be prudent, we including retesting Alba. I will share it the way I shared it with a friend.

I began the phone call……
Do you believe in prayer?….of course Barry
Do you believe God answers prayer?…yes Barry
Do you believe God still heals?…yes
Is their a cure for Aids? ….no
Is there a cure for Hepatitis?….no
Well, .....(Long pause) Every test came back negative! Negative for hepatitis, negative for Aids/HIV, negative for everything and everyone.
I know the God whom we serve....only because He knows me.

God is not a genie in a bottle to bend to our whims. It is we who are to bend and accept his will and purpose. God said he would honor Faith and Faithfulness, just read of the fiery furnace or Abraham and Isaac..or…The Bible and history are full of God’s glory.

I know there are skeptics out there but as one who is here and seeing the events unfold all I can say is "LORD I Believe" and worship him.

1 John 3:22
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.



I will post the lab results on the blog when I get them all in my possession. (DONE) We will continue to test in the coming days weeks and months up til 3 years worth of negitives. This is wisdom, and will follow the advice of a Dr Waller, a missionary, doctor, friend whom I sought for Godly council during this. When all the news was bad he said. This is a tough situation, As a doctor, friend and pastor I would have to advice you against taking someone with aids into your home…but as a missionary I will let you know, we too took in a entire family affected by aids into our home, and cared for them until I buried the last one. Amen, I think I will keep him on my call list.

An unworthy grateful servant to a Wonderful LORD and Saviour
Barry Ritchie

just PVC pipe