Honduras Missions Archive

Honduras Missions The Ritchie Family missionaries to Choluteca Honduras....

Thursday, November 02, 2006

Trust and obey for there is no other way

Brothers and sisters please please keep us in prayer and share with your ministries.
Its 3 am and again I have been awoke by the Holy Spirit, to pray and weep over the battles we now face in Honduras. Ana Cristina has almost enough funds promised to cover the balance for the heart operation. We will be wiring funds and if the foundation approves today, the surgery can go forward. We will know more by noon.
On another battle front Alba. This is the little 12 year old girl we have loved since Hurricane Mitch near 8 years ago. The LORD used her hugs back then to surrender and break our hearts for missions and our family considers her our daughter; I was the one who led her to Christ while she was living in our home last year; this child touches Lisa and myself in the heart deeper and more than any other we have cared for; I would be willing to die to save this child’s life. It was proven yesterday she has been molested, the details are not verified but none of it is good. Yesterday my great fear was she might be pregnant…As I sit here weeping I now wish that was the problem. Many hours spent yesterday to find she has aids and hepatitis and is very sick. In court it was told there was no person or agency willing to care for her or her siblings, then the judge looked at us…As with Jeny...How could we say no? The judge yesterday awarded custody of her and her 6 brothers and sisters to us. Today we will be blood testing the rest. I am filled with doubts, fears, what ifs, and if I’d onlys. To compound the anguish, there are those here who somehow blame us for this happening, but none of them is willing to come forward bring them into their home and care for them. All I am sure of is God is compelling us and our only choice is to obey or disobey…As for me and my house…we will trust and obey for there is no other way…We need others to pray and do the same.


Unworthy servant to a wonderful worthy Saviour,
Barry

1 John 3:18-22
My little children, let us not love in word,
neither in tongue; but in deed and in truth.
And hereby we know that we are of the truth,
and shall assure our hearts before him.
For if our heart condemn us, God is greater than our heart, and knoweth all things.
Beloved, if our heart condemn us not, then have we confidence toward God.
And whatsoever we ask, we receive of him, because we keep his commandments, and do those things that are pleasing in his sight.